COVID-19 Update: Our team is continuing to work remotely and provide support and consultations to existing and new clients. If you are wondering how to market your business during this crisis read Marketing in Uncertainty
If COVID-19 has made you rethink your marketing goals and strategies and you need help navigating the ‘new normal’, then register for a free Basecamp Consultation. Due to the economic stress that this crisis has placed on local businesses, we are waiving our usual $85 consultation fee. We are also hosting a new Hustle from Home workshop series. Learn more here.
How long does it take for your website to load? Every second counts.
The time it takes for a website to load can substantially decrease conversion rates, visibility, and even determine whether a user actually looks at the website or simply moves on to the next search result. If you depend on a website to make money and sell a product, the time it takes for your website to load could determine the future of your business. Wired Magazine Blog posted these stats regarding the importance of a fast-moving site:
- 47% of consumers expect a web page to load in 2 seconds or less.
- 40% abandon websites that take more than 3 seconds to load.
- 79% of shoppers who are a dissatisfied with website performance are less likely to buy from same site again.
- 52% of online shoppers state that quick page loading is important to their site loyalty.
- As little as 1 second of delay decreases customer satisfaction by about 16%
- 44% of online shoppers will tell their friends about a bad experience online.
Google, Yahoo, and Bing also factor page loading time into ranking search results and the quality scores given to Adwords customers. Inadequate search results and poor loading times can have a large impact on the sustainability of your online presence in this way.
How quickly does your website load? Could it be negatively affecting your business? You can accurately test the speed of your site and see how it compares to others by visiting GMetrics or Pingdom tools for an accurate test.
The time it takes for your website to load is important!
For expert help getting your website up to speed, visit our Contact Page.